Here are our Happy Beast tips for transitioning to a new diet!
Allow 4-10 days to transition your pet to a new food. Choose a supplement to make the transition easier on your animal.
1) Choose a supplement!
It’s not uncommon for dogs to have loose stools when transitioning to a new food. Pick one or two of the following to help your animal’s digestive system adjust get the most out of his new food:
- Optagest– Prebiotics and digestive enzymes
- Raw Goat Milk- Probiotics and digestive enzymes
- Try Answers, Primal or Steve’s Real Food
- The Bear & The Rat Frozen Yogurt– Probiotics
- Canned Pumpkin- Insoluble and Soluble fiber
2) Phase in the new food!
Combine your dog’s old and new foods together in the proportions shown in the diagram at the top of this post. Spend 2-3 days on each phase. A dog with a more sensitive system will benefit from a more time in each phase.